Uniform and Equipment Requirements
Our uniform is an important outward sign of pride in belonging to Summerville Primary School:
- White polo shirt
- Royal blue cardigan or sweatshirt
- Black joggers,with an elasticated waistband,or leggings if preferred.
- Black enclosed shoes with VELCRO fastenings.Black trainer style shoes are idea for boys and girls.
- Coat-preferably shower proof. As the weather gets colder a warm coat is essential.
- Wellington Boots
- Sun hat
Warm hat and gloves as the weather gets colder.
Spare clothes. Every child will require a full set of spare clothes in case of accidents etc- socks, underwear, joggers. T Shirt and jumper. School will provide a drawstring bag labelled with your child's name for spare clothing.
As children in the Early Years are involved in lots of active play and spend a great deal of time outdoors joggers or leggings and safe enclosed shoes are perhaps the most important part of our uniform.
Reception will require a PE kit to be kept in school everyday. School will provide your child with their first school PE bag.
PE kits consist of:
- Plain white T-Shirt
- Plain black shorts
- Black plimsolls
- Trainers and tracksuits may be worn for outdoor PE lessons during cold weather.
We would suggest that supermarkets are the best place for purchasing uniform as prices are very competitive.
PE bags, book bags, cardigans, sweatshirts, fleece jackets and polo shirts embroidered with the school's name may be bought from the school office. Unfortunately due to social distancing measures uniform orders are not being taken until September.
NB. Please ensure every item of your child's clothing is clearly labelled with their name and class.