The school rigoroursly promotes good attendance.
Salford City Council Admissions
School Admissions Procedure
We follow the Salford City Council Primary School Admissions Policy
Where a school receives more applications than places available, the following oversubscription criteria will be applied once places have first been allocated to children who have a statement of special education need or an Education, Health and Care Plan which names the school.
1. Looked After children and previously looked after children This includes children who have ceased to be looked after because they were adopted or became subject to a special residency/child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
2. Children in need as defined by the Children Act (1989), i.e. those who are unlikely to achieve or maintain or to have the opportunity of achieving or maintaining a reasonable standard of health or development or a child/children whose health or development would be further impaired without the provision of services by the local authority. Confirmation of the child’s needs will be required from their social worker.
3. Exceptional medical reasons If claiming exceptional medical reasons, these must be stated at the time of application and parents/ carers must ask an appropriately qualified medical professional to complete the medical information form giving evidence that the child’s medical needs can only be met at the preferred school. Claims for admission on the basis of medical grounds will not be considered if submitted after a decision on the original application has been made unless evidence can be provided that the medical condition has only been diagnosed since the allocation of places.
4. Brother or sister in attendance at the school (Reception – Year 6 only) at the date when the pupil is to be admitted. This includes stepchildren and foster children living with the same family at the same address. Other children may be considered under the sibling criterion provided proof is available to demonstrate that the children are permanently resident at the same address and part of the same family unit. (The authority accepts that in some family units the children may not be natural brothers and/or sisters).
5. Children living nearest to the school the distance will be measured in a straight line using LLPG (Local Land and Property Gazetteer) information to measure the distance between the address point of the child’s home address and the centre of the school in miles. Those children whose home address is closest to the school will be those who get priority for places.
Admissions for September 2022
The closing date for making an application for a place in our Nursery or Reception class in September 2022 is 15th January 2022, all applications must be made online using the Family Portal. If you apply after the closing date you need to be aware that a late application could reduce your chance of getting a place at the school.
You can apply on line at www.Salford.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools-admissions/primary/apply-online
If you are applying for a school place at any other time of the year you must apply online using the Family Portal www.salford.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools-admissions/moving-school-during-the-school-year
If you would like more information or support please contact the school or follow the link on the left of this page.