Uniform and Equipment Requirements
Our uniform is an important outward sign of pride in belonging to Summerville Primary School.
- White polo shirt
- Royal blue cardigan or sweatshirt
- Black joggers, with an elasticated waistband, or leggings if preferred
- Black enclosed shoes with VELCRO fastenings. Black trainer style shoes are idea for boys and girls.
- Coat which is preferably shower proof. As the weather gets colder, a warm coat is essential along with a warm hat and gloves.
- Wellington boots
- Sun hat in warmer weather
Every child will require a full set of spare clothes in case of accidents including socks, underwear, joggers, t-shirt and jumper. School will provide a drawstring bag labelled with your child's name for spare clothing.
As children in the Early Years are involved in lots of active play and spend a great deal of time outdoors,joggers or leggings and safe enclosed shoes are perhaps the most important part of our uniform.
We do have a PE kit in school, though Nursery do not need this until the Summer term. We suggest you wait to purchase this nearer the time. School will provide your child with their first school PE bag.
- Plain white T-Shirt
- Plain black shorts
- Black plimsolls
Trainers and tracksuits may be worn for outdoor PE lessons during cold weather.
We would suggest that supermarkets are the best place for purchasing uniform as prices are very competitive.
PE bags, book bags, cardigans, sweatshirts, fleece jackets and polo shirts embroidered with the school's name may be bought from Mal's Schoolwear at Salford Precinct.
Please ensure every item of your child's clothing is clearly labelled with their name and class.